The 30k mile inspection offers us a chance to see how the standard systems of your vehicle are performing. This is the first major checkup you should have done to ensure your vehicle is performing as it should over time.
- Engine oil and filter change
- Replace engine air filter and cabin air filter
- Verify proper tire pressure including spare tire
- Inspect tire condition and wear patterns
- Rotate and balance tires when applicable
- Brake inspection: includes inspection of all lines, hoses, pads, rotors & calipers, and the inspection of the parking brake operation
- Replace brake fluid
- Inspect steering and suspension: cv axle shaft, cv boots, ball joints, wheel bearing, and power steering components
- Check condition and level of all fluids
- Test battery as well as starting and charging system
- Visuall inspect belts and hoses
- Inspect wiper blade condition and replace if necessary
- Inspect operation of all lights and horn
- Test and replace keyless entry/smart key batteries
- Check for software updates in vehicle modules
The 60k mile checkup is an important one. At 60k, the vehicle’s major systems have been used enough to reveal any major wear issues. The 60k service includes all of the 30k services, plus the following depending upon your vehicle make and model.
- Engine cooling system service
- Spark plugs inspected and replaced per owner’s manual specifications
- Fuel systems service – engine de-carbonization
- Transmission fluid service
- Power steering fluid service
- Replace fuel filter – when applicable
- Check HVAC operation
The 90k mile service is the final of the three and may be the most important. This service is critical and helps us determine how well the vehicle has aged. How a vehicle ages can help us estimate how much life or use the vehicle has left. At 90,000 miles, we examine all major systems. We inspect the engine, transmission, drive train, heat and ac, steering, electrical and braking systems. In short, we take a look at the total driving quality of the vehicle. The 90k service includes all of the 30k services, plus the following depending on your vehicle make and model.
- Replace engine drive belt or belts
- Replace differential fluids – when applicable
- Replace transfer case fluid – when applicable
- Inspect and replace timing belt – when applicable
Scheduled Maintenance with Ulmer’s
The above service points are general in nature. Some will apply and others may not; it’s entirely dependent upon many outside factors, like the makeup of the terrain or the condition of the climate you drive in. The above lists are our recommendations and are not always applicable to every situation. Driving habits, conditions, and manufacturer fluid specifications are all examples of variables that come into play when discussing your vehicle’s maintenance schedule.
Failure to maintain your vehicle to the manufacturer’s specifications can be used as grounds for voiding your vehicle warranty. Get the peace of mind you deserve and schedule your 30k-60k-90k mile service maintenance with your trusted friends at Ulmer’s Auto Care Center today!