Spring Clean Green with Auto Repair in Cincinnati
Spring is here! Although the temperatures may not feel like it yet here in Cincinnati, OH, hopefully the flowers will bloom and leaves will turn green soon. Speaking of green, while you’re doing your spring cleaning this year, why not see how you can make your car, your truck or even your SUV more green and environmentally friendly? Mother Nature needs some help with her spring cleaning!
The best way to make your vehicle greener is by choosing an automotive repair shop that provides green auto repair in Cincinnati. Ulmer’s Auto Care Center is one of these shops that is working to reduce the carbon footprint of the automotive industry.
At Ulmer’s Auto Care, we make sure to recycle paper, car batteries, oil filters, antifreeze, exhaust systems, brake rotors and any other used auto parts to keep them from contaminating our environment. We also recycle the used oil we remove from vehicles during oil changes by burning it to heat our Cincinnati auto repair shop in the winter. We also reduce our paper consumption and use T5 high-efficiency light bulbs instead of fluorescent bulbs – and encourage our customer to do the same!
In addition to bring your automobile to a shop that provides green auto repair in Cincinnati, there are also some things you can do to make your car better for the environment:
- Use your cruise control while driving. Maintaining a consistent speed saves gas.
- Carpool or utilize public transportation whenever you can to reduce harmful emissions.
- Keep your car clean and free of excess cargo weight. Extra weight slows down your vehicle and uses more fuel.
- Keep up with your car maintenance services to ensure your vehicle is running properly.
- Don’t idle your car. Sitting with your car on while you are waiting for someone uses gas, but gives you 0 miles per gallon (MPG).
- Keep your tires properly inflated to get better gas mileage.
- Replace dirty air filters and fuel filters in your vehicle to improve gas mileage by up to 10%.
- Don’t accelerate or decelerate too quickly (unless necessary). Constant changes in speed wastes fuel.
Use these green auto tips and take your vehicle to a shop that provides green auto repair in Cincinnati and you will be doing your part in protecting our environment and keeping it beautiful for future generations!